Wednesday, June 9, 2010

In the time it took me to write this, Bill Gates earned quite a bit more than a quarter.

Congratulations to this week's champions:

Don't Cry Over Spilt Beer
189

If I had thought to give a prize for the most fitting team name, these guys would have taken that, too. Somehow they made it through the night with a soaked score sheet. I admire their tenacity.

Thanks to the other teams, whose doodles, catcalls, creativity and general sexiness made my night, as always. Here they are, ranked:

David Bowie's Nipple Antennae (tied with T.F.M.B. for Best Team Name)
The Flaming Metric Balls
The Turtleheads
The Smartasses (these dudes had the highest per capita score of the evening)

In other news, I'm having breakfast at the Tortoise, and in a strange predicament. I need to grab a Scantron for a final, and have no cash or coin on me. They are 24 cents, I believe. Do I insult my waitress by convincing her to give me a quarter in exchange for a 25 cents more of a tip, or do I just ask her outright if she's got the damn quarter on her?

Such are all the little cost-benefit analyses that make up life.





No comments:

Post a Comment